Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I'm so picky


There is a slowly building chasm in videogames. One side creates shoddy block busters which they know will sell, Call of Duty I'm looking at you. On the other side we have true innovation, developers that want to give gamers a truly unique experience, Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery I'm looking at you. This has forced me to become incredibly picky about the games I play, which is ironic because I have a larger game library than most of my friends. I play the Fallouts, the God of Wars, and the Skyrims. And while I have fun playing those games, I don't get immersed in them like I do with Bioshock, or other videogames that really push the envelope. For every ten block busters there's one truly creative game that gets any kind of notoriety, how many people do you think have actually played Binding of Issac, Super Meat Boy, or Sword & Sworcery. I do commend the videogame industry for being open to innovation, but more often than not they get overshadowed. Just look at the xbox indie marketplace. That was supposed to be a place for new talent to grow, that didn't happen. Creativity within the industry is becoming seriously stunted, I mean, Halo 4...really come on guys you can do better, Call of Duty, bleh, Resistance, meh. Whats happened to innovation, where are my truly interesting and creative games.

No comments:

Post a Comment