Monday, January 23, 2012

Being a Christian Media Junkie

The most difficult part of being a christian media junkie, is that often your spiritual life will suffer at the hands of the thing you have the most passion about. I have to be rather candid in this respect. I have a very, very hard time dedicating the time I want, to having a personal relationship with Christ. I would much rather sit back with a bottle of soda and and bag of popcorn and watch Blade Runner. I'm hoping that in bringing together my faith and my love of media I might be able to get through this struggle. Most of us as Christians realize where we are really failing in life. It's just a matter of saying enough is enough and acting on what you know needs to be done. Sometimes it's easy, getting into the bible, and praying every day. Others it's an absolute chore. I suppose what would really help is that if in everything I did I were to do for Christ and not my own selfish ambition. When you begin to do things for God everything begins to come into focus. You begin to understand why you are doing something and when you understand why, you have a greater desire to continue. At least that's how it is for me. Although it's not like that all the time, again sometimes you just want to do what you want to do. Sometimes it's fear as well that seems to drive us. Fear can paralyze someone I know that sometimes I don't even want to pray in the fear that God won't answer in the way that I would like him to. But really the most important thing to remember is that you can bring all of this to God and he will help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment